Search Community

Mozilla Firefox/IE7 support?

Abhilash L R test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Team,

Doesn't mozilla firefox support TweenMax feature? I don't see it working in IE7 too.

I have a set of ordered list that will flyin on page load. This works fine in Chrome, IE8 and IE9, but it doesn't seem to work fine in Firefox 14 and IE7.

Could you please let us know the support features.

And the error obtained in FF is as below:

"TypeError: can't convert undefined to object: Line 14, Tweenmax.js"

Thanks

Abhilash

Edited by Abhilash L R

hello.. TweenMax is supported in all major browsers. it even works in IE7.. but if you could provide an example of your issue in codeoen or jsfiddle to better help you..

go to this link and see the animation banner..

http://www.greensock.com/why-gsap/

a quote from the Why GSAP page:

HTML5, jQuery, Canvas, CSS, new browsers, old browsers, RequireJS, EaselJS, mobile, and more – GSAP gets along with them famously. Use your favorite tools without jumping through endless hoops to ensure compatibility. It even accommodates various transforms (scale, skew, rotation, x, and y) in modern browsers plus IE back to version 6 without requiring clunky browser prefixes and hacks. We worry about compatibility so that you don’t need to. Another headache solved.

usually that type of error is related to the syntax used in your tweens.. please provide a sample of your code so we can help with this issue ..

thx

Thanks, I got it working now.

The issue was using it as

TweenMax.killChildTweensOf("#xyz",true);

But we should use it as document.getElementById("xyz")

Now I have a query here, when TweenMax.to("#xyz",...) works based on doc.getElemenyBID or jQuery, why isn't killChildTweensOf() configured that way ..?

It would avoid a lot of confusion actually.

Hi,

When you don't have JQuery or other selector engine you don't need the # in the selector, like this:

//Without JQuery
TweenLite.to("elementID", time, {vars});

//Returns document.getElementById("elementID");

Whereas when JQuery is present you have to add the #, then the engine returns it as a JQuery selector:

//Using JQuery

TweenLite.to("#elementID", time, {vars});

//Returns $("#elementID"), a JQuery selector

Best

Rodrigo.