Search Community

Draggable and Scale container

Chantal test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Right, scaled/rotated containers are not supported. In order to do so (as far as I can tell), we'd have to calculate and combine the transform matrices of all descendants constantly and do some complex math that'd bog things down, especially when factoring in non-standard transformOrigin values and bounds. The performance tradeoff (much less all the extra code) just isn't worth it. You can, however, experiment with altering the new dragResistance property to compensate for the change in scale if you'd like. That's not quite released yet, but you can get a preview here: 

http://forums.greensock.com/topic/8339-draggable-on-windows-8-touch/#entry32419

I wish I had an easy fix for you. 

Have you tried setting it like this:

yourDraggable.dragResistance = 1 - (1 / containerScale);

?

As far as adding that functionality, we don't have any specific plans to add it soon, but if you have a particular project that requires it and would like to hire us on a consulting basis to implement that, feel free to contact us and we can talk about schedule and pricing. (you can private message me or e-mail info@greensock.com)