Search Community

reversing on recreated DOM

annam test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello again :)

I have a TimelineMax instance where i tween some properties. However I have some properties that I can't tween and require DOM recreation - for which I call as a function at the end of the timeline. I am basically building the whole DOM object again, with the new, tweened properties, and some extra changes, usually style-related, sometimes DOM-related.

Unfortunately this DOM recreation seems to break the reverse function of the Timeline.. Even though the HTML classes and IDs are still the same after the dom recreation, it seems that the timeline has the target DOM stored and can't find it on reverse?

Here's a jsfiddle: http://jsfiddle.net/annam/kgR5X/

If you comment out the .html() function you will see that reverse works.

What can I do to force the timeline to re-find the targets on reverse?

Hopefully there's a way around this.. Thanks so much!

Yeah, as you suspect the tween's target still refers to the previous element.

You are creating an identical node... but it isn't the same one that the tween is referencing as its target.

The target property of a tween is read-only and currently there isn't a way to assign a new target.

Right now, just like you are re-creating the dom element you will likewise need to create a new tween (and or timeline) advance it to progress(1) and then reverse it.

I'm 99% sure this is the case but its possible someone may have a better idea.

• Like 3