Search Community

Lock-To-Center request for Draggable

caffrey75 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi Jack,

Been promoting Draggable around the office and the response has been extremely positive, even from the more cautious/sceptical.  One piece of feedback that got returned was that it would be nice to have a boolean option that would cause Draggable objects to center themselves on the mouse-pointer/touch-finger when you start to drag them. I guess this would be possible for a future update?   Apart from that, the general consensus was: 'this guy has thought of everything!'  So grats :) 

Thanks for sharing the feature request, caffrey75. And thanks even more for spreading the word around your office about Draggable. Nice to hear that your coworkers like it so much. 

I'll keep this request in mind (not sure if it'll get added but if enough people request it, that certainly ups the chances).

We've done even more updates recently and are getting ready to push a big release out, and there's more information here: http://forums.greensock.com/topic/8339-draggable-on-windows-8-touch/#entry32419. There's a download there so you can try it out if you'd like. I'd love to hear how it goes for you. 

If you need that "lock to center" thing for a particular project you're working on and would like to hire us on a consulting basis to add it, we could certainly talk about that and see if we can shoe-horn it into the schedule ;) 

Thanks for sharing the feature request, caffrey75. And thanks even more for spreading the word around your office about Draggable. Nice to hear that your coworkers like it so much. 

I'll keep this request in mind (not sure if it'll get added but if enough people request it, that certainly ups the chances).

We've done even more updates recently and are getting ready to push a big release out, and there's more information here: http://forums.greensock.com/topic/8339-draggable-on-windows-8-touch/#entry32419. There's a download there so you can try it out if you'd like. I'd love to hear how it goes for you. 

If you need that "lock to center" thing for a particular project you're working on and would like to hire us on a consulting basis to add it, we could certainly talk about that and see if we can shoe-horn it into the schedule ;)

No worries, Jack, your work and the support is so excellent (even for non club GS members) that bringing in GSAP was the first thing I requested we do after moving from Flash to Adobe Edge - and promoting something that I believe in comes easily :)  We're in the e-learning biz so, as you can probably imagine, drag-and-drop quizzes are a pretty regular thing, so I was very excited to discover that you had created a Draggable utility.  I'll happily give the latest version a try the very next time I need to create something Draggable and let you know how I get on.

Making the move from Flash to HTML5 (Edge) has been a very frustrating, tough and angry process predominantly due to the vast inconsistencies that occur when testing content on different browsers and now across desktops and tablets, but you have definitely made life so much easier!  

Thanks for bearing the request in mind - hope you manage to implement it, but Draggable is still awesome even if you don't!   All the best :)   

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 6 years later...