Search Community

Draggable and select element

Cyboide test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi,

Apparently select elements are ignored in a Draggable object, they are not triggered at all.

In the 0.9.0 version of Draggable.js, input fields are now working properly ; so I just added "select" to the _clickableTagExp property (the "check list" allowing a tags, input, button, etc. to be triggered).

However it does not seem to be enough. The select element is being triggered, but the dragging sort of sticks to the mouse.

Any idea on how to solve this? (Or are you already on it...)

Already on it :)

And yeah, select elements are tricky because some browsers don't dispatch a "mouseup" event after you release! It has been pretty surprising to find so many little "gotchas" in modern browsers that need workarounds. The next release of Draggable should have this workaround in place, and you can get a preview here: http://forums.greensock.com/topic/8339-draggable-on-windows-8-touch/#entry32419. Does that work well for you?

Yes, on Mac (OS 10.6, don’t have Lion yet) Chrome, FF, Safari, and iPad (iOS7), Android 4.2 (phone), select are working great with Draggable.

On Windows 7 Chrome and FF too.

Good job.

I did not yet test on Windows 8.

On Windows 7 IE 10, the select does not work. But there is a Javascript error (whenever I click), so it might be related:

"Unable to get property 'length' of undefined or null reference."

.. on this line of code, 254 :

_isMultiTouching = (_dragCount < e.touches.length);

• 3 months later...

I am having some trouble with a Windows 8.1 tablet, using Chrome on the Desktop. Sounds ridiculous to even ASK you to test in this situation!  And furthermore the behavior is really strange; I get the mouse events for the elements inside of my draggable div when I use my stylus, but not my finger. If I remove the draggable they work fine with both the stylus and the finger.

But, when I tried on IE 11 in the 'formerly known as Metro' side of Win8.1,  - then the mouse events are in fact picked up with the stylus and my finger.

Same with IE 11 on the Desktop for Win8.1.

Don't have FF or anything else for testing on this machine (Samsung PC tablet).

I have these set to clickable divs, but I have thought of playing around with buttons, a links, etc to see if that makes a difference.

• 2 weeks later...