Search Community

Simple Carousel

rob83 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi Rob.

Yeah a timeline is not, in my opinion, the best way to achieve that. Chrysto created a very simple sample using mainly jQuery selectors and because of it's simplicity is a very solid starting point:

See the Pen LckBh by burnandbass (@burnandbass) on CodePen

You'll see that attaching button events to it won't be too hard.

Best,

Rodrigo.

• Like 1

Hi Rob,

As easy as it might seems, carousel is actually very tricky stuff. You can easily do very basic one, but most of the times this is not the case. You can have multiple items, slideshow, external navigation, pause on hover, responsive layout, iPhone/iPad bugs, etc... I personally prefer to create my own carousel for every single project, that implements ONLY the functionality I want - this keeps the code simple and optimised. If you have some specific question about creating a slideshow/carousel , or want to show you how to create specific type (ex with multiple items, only external navigation, how to create pause on hover, how to hide slideshow before all images loaded) I'll be glad to help :) 

• Like 1