Search Community

draggable boundary options

gareth test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Have you tried changing the edgeResistance?

edgeResistance : Number - a number between 0 and 1 that controls the degree to which resistance is applied to the element as it goes outside the bounds (if any are applied), where 1 won't allow it to be dragged past the bounds at all, 0.75 applies a lot of resistance (making the object travel at quarter-speed beyond the border while dragging), and 0.5 would be half-speed beyond the border, etc.

Or are you referring to something else?

Ok, that is a little more clear, but are you talking about this bounce happening when using ThrowProps with Draggable? For instance do you want to drag and throw the object and have it naturally bounce back when it hits the edge?

If so, no, there isn't anything in the API that would allow you to easily adjust the amount of bounce back on edge collision. 

If I've misunderstood the question, feel free to elaborate.

You have it right, here is my code:

Draggable.create(".dot", {type:"x,y", edgeResistance:1,resistance:0.2,bounds:$("#container"), throwProps:true,ease:Strong.easeOut,onDragStart:setCurr});

I guess I need to take out throwProps and build my own collision logic?

Yep, you can use an onThrowUpdate if you want to call a function each time the position changes during the "throw" and then use whatever logic you want to do the bouncing. Also keep in mind that you can call ThrowPropsPlugin.getVelocity(yourElement, "x") or ThrowPropsPlugin.getVelocity(yourElement, "y") to figure out the velocity of those properties. Then you can reverse whichever one you want, and maybe even feed that new (negative) velocity into a throwProps tween. 

Have fun!

• Like 2