Search Community

Licence for a game on mobile

Xamrix test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello,

I would want to use TweenLite for a free game on mobile (iOS and Android). However, there will be advertisement, which we can remove by paying 1 euro. There will be also coins to be bought, costing approximately 1 euro. Can I post my game with "GreenSock Standard
No Charge License" ?

Sorry for my english and thank you in advance

Xamrix

Thanks for asking about this, Xamrix. We always appreciate developers who want to make sure they're complying with the license terms. Our entire business model relies on the honor system; we put a lot of trust in our customers. Guys like you make everything we do possible.

To answer your question, the usage you described would indeed require the special commercial license that comes with "Business Green" Club GreenSock memberships because you've got microtransactions in your game. Basically, since you'd be collecting a fee from multiple customers (rather than just a single client hiring you to do a project, for example), it needs that license. 

I think you'll find that the membership pays for itself very quickly when you consider the time it'll save you, the workflow benefits, the performance, and increased capabilities that'll hopefully make your game even better and more appealing to your customers. Remember, you get bonus plugins too with your membership. To see why it's a good business investment, see http://www.greensock.com/business-case/.

Let us know if you have any other questions. To sign up, go to http://www.greensock.com/club/

• Like 2