Search Community

tweenmax in timelinemax start animation issue in android 4.0

amorbytes test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello All,

I am doing animation like this http://jsfiddle.net/g2kxL/. in phonegap 3.0 android.

When my animation run for first time, animation is not smoother.  and the quality of animation is almost 50% then 2nd time.

After complete first loop completes it continuesly works fine.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Edited by amorbytes

Hi

What are the hardware specs of the device you're testing in?.

I ask this because I tested the fiddle in a mid/low spec android 4 device and, with like almost any animation, the first run is not very smooth. My guess is that this has nothing to do with GSAP and is purely a hardware issue.

Best

Rodrigo.

Hi

What are the hardware specs of the device you're testing in?.

I ask this because I tested the fiddle in a mid/low spec android 4 device and, with like almost any animation, the first run is not very smooth. My guess is that this has nothing to do with GSAP and is purely a hardware issue.

Best

Rodrigo.

The device I tested is Galaxy Tab 2,

you can see configuration on web. I think it is good enough.

I am also having issue for first time only, not after that.

Hello,

I tested your jsfiddle on Android 4.1.2 - Samsung Galaxy S3 ... on stock browser, and Google Chrome mobile browser. And didn't see any differences in the first or 2nd time it runs.

Samsung Galaxy S3

Model Number: SCH-I535

Android Version: 4.1.2  Jelly Bean

Like Rodrigo said its probably a hardware issue and not anything with GSAP.

What are the hardware specs for your device? Like Android Version and Build number?

• Like 2

Hello,

I tested your jsfiddle on Android 4.1.2 - Samsung Galaxy S3 ... on stock browser, and Google Chrome mobile browser. And didn't see any differences in the first or 2nd time it runs.

Samsung Galaxy S3

Model Number: SCH-I535

Android Version: 4.1.2  Jelly Bean

Like Rodrigo said its probably a hardware issue and not anything with GSAP.

What are the hardware specs for your device? Like Android Version and Build number?

I have provided js code for just reference what kind of animation I am doing.

We are running animation in phonegap native application. not in browser

Hi,

I'd strongly recommend to test in real devices.

In a Sony Xperia Tipo with android 4.0.4 the first run is not too smooth but from the second things run very good, but again it has to do with hardware (800 MHZ single core CPU, 512 MB RAM and 200 adreno gpu), Jonathan's device has dual core CPU, 1GB RAM and better GPU and the real Galaxy Tab 2 also has very solid hardware, therefore the animation should run very good in it, so my guess is that the issue has more to do with how phonegap emulates the device than anything else.

Also as a good resource for everyone that wants to test on devices, check here:

http://opendevicelab.com/

Best,

Rodrigo.

• Like 1

Hi,

I'd strongly recommend to test in real devices.

In a Sony Xperia Tipo with android 4.0.4 the first run is not too smooth but from the second things run very good, but again it has to do with hardware (800 MHZ single core CPU, 512 MB RAM and 200 adreno gpu), Jonathan's device has dual core CPU, 1GB RAM and better GPU and the real Galaxy Tab 2 also has very solid hardware, therefore the animation should run very good in it, so my guess is that the issue has more to do with how phonegap emulates the device than anything else.

Also as a good resource for everyone that wants to test on devices, check here:

http://opendevicelab.com/

Best,

Rodrigo.

Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for your quick replay,

My very very hard issue is that the first run is not very smooth (it is clearly visible). 

I am stuck   :?: at here how to solve it.

please any one suggest me any work around it or any solution for it.

A few ideas:

1. Try setting force3D:true in your tween(s) so that it uses translate3d() for x/y movement. This will often cause the GPU to create a distinct layer for that element which can make compositing faster. 
  2. I wonder if the slowdown has to do with Phonegap instantiation routines that run when you first start the app. If it's doing a bunch of loading, processing, etc. at startup, that'd certainly explain the degradation at that point. Have you tried delaying your entire animation a few seconds just to see if it does better? 

Like the others said, I highly doubt this has anything to do with GSAP. Let us know if you discover a good solution. 

• Like 1

A few ideas:

1. Try setting force3D:true in your tween(s) so that it uses translate3d() for x/y movement. This will often cause the GPU to create a distinct layer for that element which can make compositing faster. 
  2. I wonder if the slowdown has to do with Phonegap instantiation routines that run when you first start the app. If it's doing a bunch of loading, processing, etc. at startup, that'd certainly explain the degradation at that point. Have you tried delaying your entire animation a few seconds just to see if it does better? 

Like the others said, I highly doubt this has anything to do with GSAP. Let us know if you discover a good solution. 

Thanks GreenSock,

TweenMax.set("element",{z:0.1}); works for me.

I got it from your another post.

:) 

• Like 1