Search Community

Draggable type: "rotation" and IE 9 issue/bug?

caffrey75 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi Jack,

Apologies if this has already been called to your attention, but just implemented some of the lovely 'Draggable' functionality into a piece of work and have come up with an issue that seems to be specific only to IE9 when a Draggable element is set to type: "rotation".  It works great in everything else (including IE8).

Not sure what's exactly going on, but the rotation functionality seems to be reversed and just acts strangely.  At first I thought it was just me, but the same happens to the example dial at

Great and useful utility though! :)

Cheers

Thanks for pointing that out. It looks like it has to do with the way IE9 isn't reporting the transformOrigin correctly, but we'll implement a workaround in the next release (to be posted very soon). If you want early access, just let me know. It shouldn't be more than a day or two before we post the update. 

Thanks for pointing that out. It looks like it has to do with the way IE9 isn't reporting the transformOrigin correctly, but we'll implement a workaround in the next release (to be posted very soon). If you want early access, just let me know. It shouldn't be more than a day or two before we post the update. 

No worries - awesome service as always :) 

• Like 1