Search Community

Deep link to slide within slideshow

mulegoat test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi there 

I have a nav that links to slides with tweens in between. The slideshow navigation works fine by loading each slide according to it's position on the list. See the following pen

See the Pen ruHhD by mulegoat (@mulegoat) on CodePen

The problem I'm having is trying to link to a certain slide from within each slide. Using the following code works on all but one "Link to page 2" link - in this case, the link within the first slide - but on my localhost its slide 5 where the link fails.

I know this is more of a jquery issue but though I'd put it up here incase somebody had a better way of doing this with getElementById or something else.

Many thanks for any help

function initActionPlan() {
	  $(".actionPlanLink").each(function(index, element) {
	    $(this).on("click", gotoActionSection);
	  });
	}

function gotoActionSection(e) {
	  if(currentSectionNum != $(e.currentTarget).index()){
				if(currentSection) {
					TweenLite.to(currentSection, 0.5, {autoAlpha:0});
				}
				currentSection = $(".tabsContainer")[1];
				TweenLite.to(currentSection, 0.2, {autoAlpha:1});

}

}

//OpenClose Action Plan

function actionInit(){
	  initActionPlan();
	  $(".actionPlanLink")[1].click();
	}

actionInit();  

Hi,

When it comes to "deep linking" most of the people thought about url hashtag followed by section name, so you can navigate trough pages and still have back/forward in the browser history.

I find it little hard to follow your code, do you want to rewrite it in my way? I prefer to use element ID's and classes, but it can be also done with jQuery's eq() selector. 

See the Pen quiIv by burnandbass (@burnandbass) on CodePen

Here is a quick snipplr. I just added ID's to the tabs and navigate to all them via the anchors href attribute. This way I can write only one function that changes content. 

Also, I'm used to use jQuery's filter() method and caching the DOM, because of the performance. 

P.S. do you know, GSAP CSSPlugin have property "className" and you can use it to animate the navigation:

here is a pen : 

See the Pen wDjlg by burnandbass (@burnandbass) on CodePen

Cheers, Ico

• Like 2

Hi, write me a message if something confuses you.

I use jQuery add() method to merge selections ( to catch click() on both externall and in-tab navigation)

Also, as I mentioned I use to cache the DOM - then find the element I need with jQuery's filter() method - it is up to 10 times faster then creating a new jQuery selection.

Cheers, Ico