Search Community

LoaderMax error on too many items to load? or too much filesize?

mrkos67 test
Moderator Tag

I'm getting an error when I try to load about 60 smallish videos from an XML file. Most videos are around 4-7MB, but a few are bigger. The total size of the folder is 486MB.

The strange thing is the error that is thrown by what I assume is the LoaderMax code. View it here: http://pastebin.com/TBvKjcrJ (the editor here wasn't allowing me to paste the actual URL in the error for some reason). The lines above the error code are me tracing out progress to see when it happens. I've tried commenting out nodes in the XML until it works, and it seems I can get around 25-27 of these videos to load successfully. Sometimes 26 will work, sometimes it doesn't. It's really bizarre.

I've got Error and Fail listeners on the LoaderMax instance and nothing is being caught by those listeners.

What makes this really strange is the URL that is says it has an error loading isn't in the XML to be loaded, but is the SWF where the LoaderMax instance resides. What the what?! Anybody have any ideas?

Sorry, not really sure what is going on, but I have a strong hunch you are asking way too much of Flash player. Asking it to manage 60 videos (regardless of size) seems like a real heavy undertaking. 

It might be helpful to remove LoaderMax, VideoLoader and XMLLoader from the equation entirely and see if the issue still persists.

Thanks for posting your results.

Yes, only loading the assets you need at a given time is certainly a smart way to approach this.

If you can get by with just loading 10 at a time, great. 

And yes, unload() works as you described but the memory may not be totally freed up until Flash's garbage collection process runs.