Search Community

Problem with a nested timeline and MotionBlurPlugin

mrkos67 test
Moderator Tag

I'm making a modular presentation tool for a client with different "scenes" (separate SWFs) loaded into the main SWF. Each of the separate SWFs contain a public timeline variable (a TimelineMax instance), which I'm using to sequence them into the main app's _timeline variable (a TimelineMax instance).

When I test each of the scene SWF's timelines separately, tweens with motion blurs applied work correctly. However, when nested into the main app's _timeline, each SWF's timeline is firing but those tweens with motion blurs don't show (all others do); objects with motion blur tweens applied to them just "appear" after their tweens have completed. When I remove all motion blur directives to the tweens in each SWF, everything appears as it should when loaded into the main SWF's _timeline.

In the main SWF, I activated the MotionBlurPlugin to test if that might have been the case, but that didn't work. Any ideas? 

main SWF — this is within a loop and the listeners fire (no need to put all that code, just know they toggle the visibility of the CarringtonScene object).

var s:CarringtonScene = CarringtonScene( pi.loader.rawContent );
s.visible = false;
s.timeline.paused = false;
_timeline.insert( s.timeline, $insertTime );
s.addEventListener( CarringtonSceneEvent.START,    onStart_scene );
s.addEventListener( CarringtonSceneEvent.COMPLETE, onComplete_scene );

CarringtonScene6.SWF — this is in the constructor.

// init timeline
_timeline = new TimelineMax( { paused:true } );
_timeline.insert( TweenLite.to( mcLogo,      .50, { x:131,   motionBlur:true } ), 1.5 );
_timeline.insert( TweenLite.to( mcCampus,    .40, { alpha:1 } ), 2 ); 
_timeline.insert( TweenLite.to( mcAddy1,     .40, { alpha:1 } ), 2.2 ); 
_timeline.insert( TweenLite.to( mcAddy2,     .40, { alpha:1 } ), 2.4 ); 
_timeline.insert( TweenLite.to( mcPresenter, .50, { x:71.75, motionBlur:true } ), 2.8 ); 
_timeline.insert( TweenLite.to( mcName     , .50, { x:69.75, motionBlur:true } ), 3.0 );   
_timeline.insertMultiple( [ 
TweenLite.to( mcLogo,      .75, { x:"-1000", motionBlur:true, ease:Back.easeIn } ), 
TweenLite.to( mcCampus,    .75, { x:"-1000", motionBlur:true, ease:Back.easeIn } ), 
TweenLite.to( mcAddy1,     .75, { x:"-1000", motionBlur:true, ease:Back.easeIn } ), 
TweenLite.to( mcAddy2,     .75, { x:"-1000", motionBlur:true, ease:Back.easeIn } ), 
TweenLite.to( mcPresenter, .75, { x:"-1000", motionBlur:true, ease:Back.easeIn } ), 
TweenLite.to( mcName,      .75, { x:"-1000", motionBlur:true, ease:Back.easeIn } ) ], 6 );

Are you loading the swfs from different domains? Are you getting any run-time errors about security violations? Flash is very picky about allowing 1 swf access to modifying bitmapData in another swf. 

It would really help if you could create a very basic example that illustrates the problem. We don't need your production files. Just a a very simple set of files with the absolute bare minimum code and assets to replicate the issue.

Thanks