Search Community

Windows 7 and IE9: Elastic Ease Has Slight Scale "jump" At End

Kurrent Kurt test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi. I made my own modal box with JS. The animation uses TimelineMax. It looks fine on other browsers, like IE8, but has a slight litttle jump to the lower right at the end of the ease animation.

Here's the code:

tlModalTransIn = new TimelineMax();
tlModalTransIn.paused(true);
tlModalTransIn.set([modalBox, modalRect], {alpha:0, autoAlpha:1})
tlModalTransIn.set([modalCloseButton], {alpha:1, autoAlpha:1})
.fromTo(modalBox, .3, {alpha:0}, {alpha:1}, "start")
.fromTo(modalRect, 1, {scale:".6"}, {scale:"1", alpha:1, ease:Elastic.easeOut, easeParams:[1.8, 0.8]})
.fromTo(modalProduct, .5, {alpha:0}, {alpha:1})
.fromTo(modalTitle, .5, {alpha:0}, {alpha:1}, "-=.3");	

I'm scratching my head on this one...

Hi kind of hard to know what it is without seeing it or knowing what is being scaled - images, text, div with complex layout?. Is all that code related to the problem or just the one tween that has the Elastic ease?

Best thing to do is create a simple test containing only enough HTML, CSS and JS to replicate the problem.

You can use an online tool like codepen.io or jsfiddle or attach a zip of your files. 

Thanks

Hey Kurt. I looked at the link in IE9 on Windows 7 and it animated just fine - I couldn't see any weird glitches. That being said, if there is an issue, I can almost guarantee it has nothing to do with GSAP or anything we can fix - IE just tends to be slower overall (at least older versions). Also beware that if you're using emulation on a Mac or the fake way of having IE10 simulate an older version, that's not very reliable. 

Also, make sure you're optimizing things in terms of not asking the browser to render a lot of large graphics during animation. That has nothing to do with GSAP either - it's just that often the graphics rendering routines in the browser are the biggest bottleneck when it comes to performance.