Search Community

Transformed RichEditableText intermittent lack of control

illustratordavid test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone had seen this error before... and can knows of a solution :)

Transforming RichEditableText works great but at intermittent points moving the object is restricted to fixed vertical and horizontal directions and the the object scales sets itself to scale proportionally.

I've recorded a video to illustrate this as its difficult to reproduce - i haven't managed to find a trigger

http://youtu.be/ebPBcVhHoRM

Thanks

David

Hm, I'm not aware of any issues like that but I suspect it might have to do with some strange things in the RichEditableText component itself. Tough to say without being able to compile and inspect things in your project.  

You are using the latest version of TransformManager, right? 

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Unfortunately i'm still experiencing this issue.  Only thing I can suggest it would be is if the RichEditableTextArea has all text removed in the second that the user is repeating text.

I can send you this flex project file if thats any help and you I can give you a link to the live app

Thanks

David

I didn't quite follow what you meant by your suggestion, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing we can do in TransformManager to work around an issue in RichEditableTextArea :( I really wish there was a brilliant solution I could offer you. Feel free to PM me a link to download a very simple Flex example (the simpler the better - please don't send all your production code). It looks like it's acting as though you're holding the SHIFT key down (you're not, right?). And is there something about RichEditableTextArea that causes Flash/Flex to act as if that key is pressed?