Search Community

IE8 TweenMax error - pulling hair out. Help?

Mike D test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi,

I'm simply unable to workaround/fix an error being thrown in IE8 and TweenMax. Using the uncompressed version of TweenMax the error details are as follows:

Invalid Argument: TweenMax.js Line 4207 Character 7

Object Expected: TweenMax.js Line 4209 Character 7

My javascript code is:

TweenMax.set( wrapper_inner, { "height": settings.scaling.h+"px" });

wrapper_inner is defined via jquery and exists, settings.scaling.h is a valid number.

Another observation, if I have the developer tools running I still see the TweenMax error noted above but the page works. If the developer tools are off, I'm getting tons of strange errors (anchor tag event handlers aren't firing, element visibility that is controlled via js isn't set correctly etc.. yet I'm not seeing any other JS errors in the console.

I am using a Paul Irish shim for the console object, and I'm seeing all of my debugging messages in the console so I know that's not the issue here.

Really stumped on this one.

Hi

Is this working on other browsers?.

What draws my attention is the fact that you've defined the height property as a string

TweenMax.set( wrapper_inner, { "height": settings.scaling.h+"px" });

Therefore the engine is looking to tween a property that doesn't exists. Try the following code

TweenMax.set( wrapper_inner, { height: settings.scaling.h+"px" });

Also it would be great if you could set up a live sample, codepen or fiddle to get a better idea of what could be the issue.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Rodrigo