Search Community

Which software do you use ?

Spider_hip test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

(I mean editor)

Wow first of all this seems great engine really. Forgive me but I'm a bit newbie for js. I wonder that how do you prepare your websites with this engine ? I mean do you use pure wordpad and write from scratch or are there any simpler way to work with.

If you could see what you have done on realtime with a gui that would be better I guess.

Thank you. 

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums.

Yes, any text editor will work.

WebStorm, PHPStorm, Sublime Text, Coda, and Dreamweaver, just to name a few.

----

And yes, having an editor with a timeline controls like Flash or Edge Animate would certainly help some folks. The good news is that it is 100% possible that someone could write a GUI that would

a:  give you a "drag and drop" interface with realtime preview of your animations as you build them

b: output rock-solid GSAP code

The bad news is it would also take a ton of work to build from scratch. Right now we have to really focus on making the engine as good as it can be. 

I'd suggest to get started you go through the Jump Start slides and either download the samples OR edit the codepen versions. More info here:

http://www.greensock.com/jump-start-js/

• Like 3