Search Community

csshook for tweenmax

samuel test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi,

I am searching for a way to alter css values that are set with tweenmax.

for example:

TweenMax.to(".obj",1,{marginLeft:400});

with jQuery i could do something like this:

$.cssHooks.marginLeft = {
      get: function( elem, computed, extra ) {
        return $.css( elem, "marginLeft");
      },
      set: function( elem, value) {
        elem.style["marginLeft"] = (parseFloat(value) * 0.5) + "px";
      }
    };

The reason I want to do this is because I have a lot's of tweens and the animation should be adaptive. I could adjust them al by hand but it would be much easier if could add a ratio per breakingpoint. 

There isn't anything like that currently, but you could certainly create your own plugin to intercept certain properties. There's a template in the plugins directory.

Just curious: is there a reason you don't want to use %-based values? Is it because you want to have hard break points instead of smooth percentages based on any width? I suppose you could wrap things in a div that uses your own break point logic, and inside you could build tweens that use percentages to get that same kind of effect (I think). 

Thanks, I'll have a look into creating a custom plugin. I'dont wan't to use percentages because of rounding issues. I use a lot of png sprite animations and when I use percentages things tend to cut off or add an extra pixel.