Search Community

Building Game - Entire browser freezes on third firing of requestanimation frame

codeavenger test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

This may have nothing to do with GSAP as I have both a jquery library and a pathfinding ai library, but I'm not getting any errors, and the coords spit out by my ai seem fine.  After the third click on the screen the entire window (chrome) has to be closed and reloaded.  Any ideas?  I really want to have my basic movement down so I can actually get to building my game :)

http://jsfiddle.net/ccarterc1984/BfpF2/

How strange... I can only get it to happen when clicking right in the upper left corner - clicking further out hasn't seemed to break it as much (although some javascript errors are thrown).

This issue definitely seems to be coming out of the pathfinding though - if you pause javascript execution in the inspector you should see an endless loop happening in the _siftup function.

You could probably raise this with the creator to see if they have a solution for you.

• Like 1