Search Community

EaselJS and transformOrigin

Philip Bulley test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

So I realise that transformOrigin is a CSS property and thus don't expect it to work when tweening scaleX and scaleY of an EaselJS Bitmap, but is there any way I can achieve the same ends? Tweening using a top left origin isn't always ideal. Thanks :)

Thanks Jack. Being new to EaselJS, I wasn't yet aware of regX and regY, that indeed solves my problem :)

Do you think there could still be a benefit in implementing transformOrigin or TransformAroundPoint within the EaselJS plugin? You'd be able to keep your registration point at 0,0 and perform transforms around any co-ordinate without having to compensate when setting x,y position of your DisplayObject.

We may eventually do something like that, but I'm not sure there's enough demand to justify the time (and kb) it'd take quite yet. If anyone else wants to chime in and vote for this, feel free. We're very busy working on other features too, rest assured :) We've just got to be wise with where we put our time, that's all.