Search Community

TweenLite, scaleX and IE 8 problem

Mr.Morton test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi,

Just started using Tween for JS, used to use AS version, so i was exited to find a JS version :-)

First of all works great, BUT I am having som problems with IE8 :-(((

Basically I am trying to scale a Image from small to VERY large. To maintain relative good quality i have initially scale the image down, and I am then using scaleX/scaleY to scale the image up in size.

Works like a charm in Safari, Chrom, Firefox and IE9, BUT breaks in IE8 :-(

Seams like IE8 is scalling very poorly, very bad quality when scaled up, but WORSE it seems to hide the overflow, so one can only se the image, in the area where the original image was :-(

You can see for yourself here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2146283/html/example.htm

and fiddle here: http://jsfiddle.net/ha4PT/8/light/

Hope someone can help, would really prefer this over jquery UI :-)

Kind regards

Mr.Morton

Ok, that absolute positioning fixed the clipping part.

But the other problem still exists, seems IE scales from the rendered small version, resulting in a really poor pixelated quality when the image is scaled times 9.

Here are screenshots from IE8 versus FF:

ff.pngie8.png

Any tips getting this working in IE8 and I am assuming IE7 also sucks :-(

Works fine in IE9 :-)

Just a guess, try not shrinking it with css prior to the tween running. Use the pages css to set the natural (large) size of the elements.

Don't set the container to 40px by 40px. Start big and natural and let TweenLite scale it down

TweenLite.set("#basket_container", {scale:0.1});

TweenLite.to("#basket_container", {scale:1}) // or whatever value

• Like 1

Thank you for your advice...

The initial set to smaller worked, but gave me alot of other CSS positioning problems :-(

So I actually ended up using the version that looks like crap in IE8 but adding the Boilerplate - please update browser. Not optimal, but i am tired of using so many hours trying to make IE act correct :-)