Search Community

SOLVED — Adding Timeline(Max) labels at a relative times? Plus: playing TL's 'separately'?

cerulean test
Moderator Tag

SOLVED

Forgive me in advance, please, if this is very basic — I'm setting up timelines (TimelineMax'es) and building them with relative offsets, e.g

_tutorialTimeline.to(swipeToAvoid,0.25,{autoAlpha:1},"+=.5"); // add 'swipe to avoid'_tutorialTimeline.to(obstacle,4,{autoAlpha:1,z:-500},"+=1"); // move forward
I'd like to be able to add labels at particular sections, so I can go back and play sections of the tutorial timeline above later, separately from the rest. From what I can see I have to add labels at particular times, like '3 seconds' -- and of course I could keep a running total of my relative times, but that seems ugly. Is it possible to pass a label in to the ().to method above to add a label with that tween, or would I need to do something else, like get the current length of the timeline in progress and use that as the time? How would I best do that? My second question is related: the tutorial timeline is added (after it's built) to a main timeline, and played as part of that. If later I want to play the tutorial timeline sections separately (as per above), I can just do that, even though it's 'included' as part of a larger timeline, as long as I have a reference to it? If not, do I need to clone it in some fashion? Thanks!