Search Community

Reverse messes up the animation (Sometimes?)

Deesr test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello!

I'm building up my new Portfolio with your Engine but I have a big problem.

It's basically a spinning 3D Cube. I made a a Timeline for each "Spin" and i just Start and Reverse those Timelines. But sometimes when i press the reverse button everything gets messed up. (Attechment).

The Timeline im reversing should animate 2 divs. but only one div works correctly.

You can try it out yourself at http://deesr.com/ .

Just go to the second page, open a few "Colors" and then go back to first page. In some cases it works, but sometimes it doesn't, what makes it even harder to fix.

post-14741-0-39574800-1366660217_thumb.png

Hi Deesr,

Welcome to the GreenSock forums.

It seems this is most likely an overwrite issue. There appear to be common occassions where you have 2 timelines running at the same time that have tweens that are trying to control the same properties of the same object.

I was able to get the site to exhibit glitches most often when I would close the lightbox animation before it had finished playing.

load site

click right arrow

click small yellow square as soon as possible (prior to transitioning finishing)

as soon as large yellow square starts rotating into view click it again

I noticed that both the lightboxtl and the switchtl timelines have tweens that effect the rotation of the "images" element.

In short if you open lightbox while switchtl is still playing, the tweens in lightbox that overlap with switchtl are going to kill the switchtl tweens (which removes them completely). 

There's quite a bit going on in your code that I haven't been able to wrap my head around fully. only so much troubleshooting can be done from looking at the source.

See if you can minimize the likelihood of tweens conflicting. Let us know if that helps