Search Community

SelfLoader uncaught errors #2044 and #2036 on refresh page while still loading

lavacroft test
Moderator Tag

Hello Greensock,

I will try to explain my problem the best I can…

I have a swf that is loading some data and other various assets, and the first thing it does is instantiating the following LoaderMax:

var selfLoader:SelfLoader = new SelfLoader(this, { name:"self", estimatedBytes:364544, onProgress:_progressHandler } );
var aspLoader:DataLoader = new DataLoader(initreq, { name:"init", estimatedBytes:100, format:"variables", allowMalformedURL:true, onProgress:_progressHandler } );                                          

var initqueue:LoaderMax = new LoaderMax( { name:"initQueue", maxConnections:1, skipFailed:false, onProgress:_partialProgressHandler, onComplete:_initQueueCompleteHandler, onError:_errorHandler} );                              

//prioritize the self loader
LoaderMax.prioritize("self");                   

//append the SelfLoader and several other loaders
initqueue.append(selfLoader);                              
initqueue.append(aspLoader);                               

//start loading the LoaderMax queue
initqueue.load();

The LoaderMax classes I am using are:

* VERSION: 1.921

* DATE: 2012-08-09

and unfortunately I cannot update them to the newer version.

I’m publishing with Flash Professional CS5.5 for Flash Player 10.2.

To reproduce the problem, I use Chrome with Flash Debug Player version 11,5,502,110 installed; I also need to use a bandwidth simulator to clip down the average download speed (for example I use Fiddler with its own Bandwidth simulator plugin).

If I hit F5 / refresh the page while the SelfLoader is still loading, the debug player throws an uncaught exception of type “Error #2044: uncaught IOErrorEvent” in conjunction with “Error #2036 Load never completed”.

I already have read the following topic with no avail: http://forums.greensock.com/topic/2762-error-2036-load-never-completed/ since as I said I use Flash CS5.5 IDE… I don’t know what else to do!

Hi,

I'm not the most expert guy here on the internal workings of all the LoaderMax but have you tried adding an onIOError handler function to the LoaderMax? Does that solve the problem with the IOError Event being "uncaught"?

Please let us know your results. We'll do our best to help you out.

I'm pretty confident that this has nothing to do with LoaderMax at all - it's just what happens in the Flash Player (at least in some browsers) when it's in the middle of loading a file and you refresh the page. Apparently Flash burps on that scenario. If you do a Google search, you'll see that plenty of people have run into this who aren't using LoaderMax at all. I wish I had a simple answer for you :(

First of all: thank you both for the prompt answers!

@Carl: i also tried adding the onIOError handler with no luck... at first glance i thought i had been inattentive by not specifying it, but then i read again the docs and i found out the onError handler catches both the IO Errors and the Security Errors if you don't add specific references to any of the two.

@Jack: unfortunately that's what i feared, GreenSock classes are too solid to be causing a ginormous bug like this B)

For completeness' sake i thought i could drop you a line anyways, and you just have confirmed my suspects.

That said, I will try to find a solution from the page itself rather than in the flash movie!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Apologies for resurrecting and old topic; however this is exactly my problem. I've built a nice flash crash reporting system that captures all of these high level errors, and it's impossible at this moment to detect whether a "Load Never Completed" is because someone closes the page, or if there's truly an issue with a missing asset at that URL. I'm wondering if anyone lately has any further insight on this. I know that Flash does originally throw the error, however my callstack is saying it's all greensock:

• Function/()
  • flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
  • com.greensock.loading.core::LoaderCore/_passThroughEvent()
  • com.greensock.loading::LoaderMax/_passThroughEvent()
  • com.greensock.loading.core::LoaderCore/_passThroughEvent()
  • com.greensock.loading::LoaderMax/_passThroughEvent()
  • com.greensock.loading.core::LoaderCore/_errorHandler()
  • com.greensock.loading.core::LoaderCore/_failHandler()
  • com.greensock.loading.core::LoaderItem/_failHandler()

Is there any way of detecting whether it's a missing file or if it's because of the user interrupting the HTTP by closing the tab or browser? Thank you.