Search Community

Macbook firefox issues

paulgoodsalt test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

We have created a pretty crazy scrolling animation (link below). As you scroll it triggers zooms, opacity changes and movements, and the animation is pinned, so it responds quite differently than most scrolling websites that use a parralax visually. It seems to be testing really well across most platforms, but seems to run into some big issues in firefox exclusively for a macbook. Firefox works perfectly on pc laptops, desktops, and mac desktops. I am thinking it may have something to do with the trackpad, but still can not identify the issue. Any thoughts?

Appreciate it in advance!

www.housingopensdoors.ca/DEV_merged

Hi Spiv, thanks for the quick response. 

I just checked the os version on the test machine, it's 10.6.8, I'm doing an update to see if the os is an issue. Firefox is up to date with 10.6.8, but there may be an update with the more current os. So, I'll report back when that happens. 

There is a counter in the top left of the test site. At about 1700 while the animation is going through the door the door looks as though it is off it's hinges and than when you get to 3895 the animation is meant to continue from there and go across the neighbor hood (you may be seeing this perfectly) and what happens is it keeps looping and jumping back, it does it like 8 times before it is supposed to zoom back out of the door at about 9200. Between 9200 and 11170 the town is in a real weird place and things are just crazy broken. 

I know this response is a little all over the place, and if you are not seeing this, it may be hard for you to help, but a lot is broke. 

Thanks again, I'll update when the os is updated. 

I don't see the issues you described, Paul. Good performance here in firefox, same as in Chrome on macbook.

I do have to say it has terrible performance on iOS. It doesn't function at all actually. I have noticed this with the scrollorama demo as well. Completely breaks on iOS. No idea about android. Therefore I tend not to use scrollorama for any websites. Not so sure what the cause is, but my bet it is not GSAP, but the way scrollorama works. It doesn't seem optimized. Skrollr seems much better in terms of performance, which I'll try out soon with GSAP.

PS I'm new with GSAP, so for in depth solutions, you'll need to rely on the more skilled users. Just trying to help out with testing. In the meanwhile I also learn towards performance issues and when not to use it :)