Search Community

Does "Superscrollorama" work with Adobe Edge Animate?

menotion test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I'm asking, because I'm trying to make that works inside Edge, but there's no results. I tried to go with several versions of this code from official plugin website:

$(document).ready(function() {
	  var controller = $.superscrollorama();
	  controller.addTween('#fade', 
	    TweenMax.from($('#fade'), .5, {css:{opacity:0}}));
	});

but non of them seem to do anything correctly. In example, if I do something with:

var controller = $.superscrollorama();

and change it to:

var controller = sym.$("superscrollorama");

then Edge seems to ignore almost whole code and acts like there is only the TweenMax.to function.

If there is anyone who knows the answer to solve this problem, please, be so kind. 

But first of all, I want to say hello to all of You here as a new user of this forum.  :-)

Hi and welcome to the forums,

I'm by no means an EA expert but I do know two things, first it works with JQuery plugins and you can do amazing things with GSAP (check Chris Gannon's blog), but beyond that  I'm not going to be able to help you.

you should try the Adobe Edge forums I've read some posts about working with JQuery plugins, and maybe you could try what Chris did in this post of his blog.

I hope you can solve your question, it would be nice if you could drop by to tell us how you did it, and sorry for not being of more assistance.

Cheers,

Rodrigo.

Hello Rodrigo!

Well, I've actually done everything what Chris wrote on his blog to load these plugins and it works perfectly with GREENSOCK plugins but yet, no response from SUPERSCROLLORAMA. I'll try to solve this problem and write how it went. 

Michael