Search Community

For your viewing Pleasure .... and maybe some help.

FrogOnWheels test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi everyone,

i started this about 2 months ago. This was when i discovered JSAP and Edge Animate. EA being a great host. I just wrapped the whole thing in a div in Dreamweaver because of the like buttons.

Please do like if you like.

www.nazir.at

Please let me know of any hiccups you might encouter and what i can fix!
From my testing i have found that it runs very smooth on IE.
I also left out some CSS goodies because of IE not supporting them.

The website is almost completely JSAP and EA except for the content, which isn't really much. Only 3 active tiles at the moment. I'm working on more. The more i use JSAP the more ideas i get.

I've just hit the tip of the iceberg with this fantastically robust animation platform.

I haven't had any major issues, except my own mistakes from learning.

But reading through these forums and the very understandable documentation, i've learnt a lot and solved most problems.

I do though have a problem that i would like to solve.
Does anyone know how to get a  0% to 100% numerical Preloader working from within Edge Animate.

What i'm looking for is to use javascript (jquery) in the Edge Animate 'document.compositionReady' window and target my divs that have content and have a percentage graphic or numbers run in lets say div A until the content of the div B has fully loaded in the background.
I dont know how to code so i would really need an example of what code and where exactly to put it and the syntax.

Also my content is not really loading fully. Has to be played once to get it to run smoothly.

(Shark and Fragments!).
I haven't found any help on the Adobe forums.

I've published the Edge Animate Composition with Preloader on immediate, not on Polite, so you may get loading while your trying to view two of the three things i have in there!

Thanks.

• Like 1

HI Frog on Wheels,

Thanks for posting your work. You created some very nice animations. 

Yes, for the amount and size of files you are loading, I think a preloader would be very helpful.

I don't think there are any solutions as easy as "track the progress of divB's content". You should look into preloadJS: http://www.createjs.com/#!/PreloadJS/

You might want to step away from the Edge file for a little bit and try to build a small demo on your own. Michael's tutorial here is very helpful: http://nightlycoding.com/index.php/2012/09/image-slideshow-with-preloadjs-jquery-and-tweenmax/#more-301

Hi Carl,

thanks for your reply.

PreloadJS looks like what i would need for preloading.

Michael's tutorial is very well written.Looks complicated too,

but i'll see if i can get my head around it.

I allways seem get confused with all the syntax ($ # ( ){ }[ ] . , .

or maybe i've just being avoiding it all these years!

Maybe you can suggest a good understandable read on all of that!

Thanks