Search Community

1.9 Text Tweening

mrEmpty test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello.

OK, I have an element I want to test the text tweening on.  I'm getting at it as so:

var experimentOneMainButton = $(':last-child p', masterContainer);

If I use experimentOneMainButton.text = 'some text'; all is good.  However, if I use:

TweenMax.to(experimentOneMainButton, 2, {text:"Close", ease:Linear.easeNone});

Nothing happens.  I'm confirming in the console that experimentOneMainButton is the element I'm needing.  Any ideas?  I can post the entire function if that helps?

Cheers.

Well I'm having a bit of a problem too, I have split a text into div elements with text inside, and while I iterate through them and declare the text tween, the text doesn't change.

I'm including a codepen to show this: http://cdpn.io/xAbLh

Should I use a "label" tag for the tween to work or any element that receives text will do?

Thanks!

Hi Michael,

I might be misunderstanding what you want to achieve, or maybe you aren't understanding what TextPlugin is supposed to do. 

For clarity, TextPlugin simply changes the text value of a DOM element to a new value, there isn't any animation from 1 character to the next. For instance if you tween an element that has the letter "a" in it to text:"z", it isn't going to go through all the letters in the alphabet over the duration of the tween. "a" will simply change to "z". 

See the Pen 62089edd8c9cd948864cd6f54e0f3235 by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

See the Pen mscjD by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

The purpose of this plugin is so that certain text values can be recorded at certain points in time in tweens and timelines making it easy to reverse animations or jump to specific times and be able to display the appropriate text. 

Let me know if this helps or if you still aren't getting the expected behavior from the plugin

-carl

• Like 1