Search Community

Stop and Resume immediately only a childLoader of a LoaderMax queue!

adriancmiranda test
Moderator Tag

I'm having trouble in a project in which there's a file queue on a LoaderMax instance, and every time the user clicks in another menu area I'd have to imediatly stop all the loaders in this queue, except one, which would be used in the area the user clicked. I've tried calling `prioritize' giving said item as parameter, but it seems LoaderMax is finishing the current download before starting the prioritized item. Is that possible?

By the way, I've tried every possible method (i.e. cancel, unload, pause, dispose), and in every attempt the current downloading file finished loading.

P.S.: Simulating a low connection (1MB) on Charles and, using video with this sample: http://www.greensock.com/as/LoaderMax_Demo_Source.zip

The download persists with two or more connections.

Yep, please keep 2 things in mind:

1. Flash has bugs that prevent things from garbage collecting properly if you close certain types of downloads mid-stream. I can also cause audio quirks. Annoying, I know. But LoaderMax automatically handles that for you by remembering your request to cancel() and it allows the loader to keep going until it's done before unloading it. So in some cases it is completely normal for the file to continue downloading behind the scenes - this is a protection, not a bug. The behavior is specific to SWFLoaders and ImageLoaders. 
  2. The download simulation tool(s) in Flash are NOT reliable - they also have bugs that incorrectly show persistent downloads (and other oddities). I would not rely on that tool. 
  • Like 1