Search Community

shortRotation not working for <canvas> element

mikebikeboy test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi everyone, I'm new here so thanks in advance for any communal help I receive.  :-P

I have a canvas element I'm rotating onMouseMove. Here's the example:

http://mikewatt.info/dev/html5_tests/wheel/wheel.html

My problem is that 'shortRotation' is not working. Right now I'm using simply 'rotation' because it's working and illustrates the problem area I'm having. If you click the mouse down and drag over the horizontal middle of the circle on the right hemisphere, you'll see the wheel jump 360 degrees to come back to where your mouse is. That's where I need 'shortRotation' but it's not working.

Anybody know why?

Thanks in advance,

mikebikeboy

The problem was that there was no ShortRotationPlugin available - the shortRotation functionality that was in GSAP was only inside CSSPlugin (thus only worked for DOM elements). You were tweening a generic object that's not a DOM element, so it wasn't kicking in. However, I've attached a new ShortRotationPlugin that you can load and then it should work just fine. Let us know if it works okay for you. 

ShortRotationPlugin.js.zip