Search Community

CDN Version Advise

G. Scott test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Very happy to see the CDN link. I'm a little befuddled about which version to choose. I am inclined to use "latest", but am concerned about any major updates that may break functionality... such as the case with 1.8.3 and the new quotation mark notation needed in TimelineLite, etc.

Thoughts? If I were to choose 1.8.4 for example, will that continue to be available for the foreseeable future?

Thanks as always...

Yes, if you chose to use 1.8.4 the plan is to have these versions archived on cdnjs for as close to forever as possible. Its very important that people can rely on a version to be available and unchanged. 

And just so you know, that Timeline API change that you referenced is the last change of that scale that we are going to make. In fact, we consider the API to be "locked down"
as is. The only thing to be added in new updates will be new features or optimizations, nothing that would require you to rewrite your code.