Search Community

GSJS Slider

jeff4gee test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I need to create two elements and I am not sure where to start. First I need to create a slider that can control a TimelineLite animation. Second I need to create a custom scroller for a div box with its content being text. Any help on these two items will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks for your help!

Hi Jeff,

You mean using something like the JQuery UI slider (source) to control a timeline progress forward and backward?. If that's the case it's very simple, all you have to do is set the minimum and maximum values for the UI slider and associate the slider current value to a timeline progress, something like this:

var scrollPos,
progressValue;

$(function() {
        $( "div#scrollMarker" ).slider({
            range: "min",
            value: 0,
            min: 0,
            max: 1000,
            slide: function( event, ui ) {
                scrollPos = ui.value;
                progressTween();
            }
        });
});

function progressTween()
{
    progressValue = (scrollPos / 1000);
    TimeLine.progress(progressValue);
}

There are also a lot of slider codes out there in case you don't want to use JQuery's slider, just google.

In terms of your second request I'm not quite sure what is what you want to achieve. Is a custom scrollbar using drag & drop animated with GSAP?, a menu that scrolls through the content of the div using the scrollTo plugin?. A little more info would be great.

Cheers,

Rodrigo.