Search Community

Using tween lite js CDN

mansim test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi,

I'm just wondering is there a limit to using the JS import in a campaign I am running soon?

Potentially the campaign could get millions of hits, and using and js import via CDN could be a heavy hit on the servers?

Can someone advise me please?

Thanks

Absolutely. A few things to note:

• We don't impose any limits on how many hits to GSAP files on cdnjs there are
  • CDNJS doesn't impost any limits (as far as we know)
  • We have every reason to believe that CDNJS is the best option for large-scale projects and their network was designed to handle millions of requests: http://blog.cloudflare.com/cdnjs-the-fastest-javascript-repo-on-the-web
  • As more people use CDNJS everyone benefits from cached files. More end-users have faster experiences, your products look better. win-win.
  • Ultimately if you have a concern about CDNJS' performance and reliability, you should ask them.
You could always use the CDN and have a backup that you load from your server(s) if the CDN goes down for some reason. As far as I can tell, though, the CDN is rock solid. 

Good luck with your campaign!