Search Community

VideoLoader smoothing not working outside flash

amitkhanna test
Moderator Tag

Hi Guys,

I am loading a few flv's using VideoLoader and LoaderMax queue. My video is 720x406 and I am stretching it to fit in 1000x564.

VideoLoader's API says that smooting on videos is turned on by default and I have tried setting it to true as well.

Problem is that when I test the sfw in flash, smoothing works but when I run this file in browser or on it own, no smoothing is applied. I have also tried this:

intro.rawContent.smoothing = true;

Appreciate if anyone can point out what might be happening.

Thanks,

ak

I wonder if it's a cross-domain issue. Are you loading the video from the same domain as the swf? I know Flash disables certain things like bitmap smoothing for cross-domain stuff unless you have the appropriate crossdomain.xml in place. See Adobe's docs for more info about security restrictions, but it sounds like you may be running into one. 

Hi There,

Thanks for a quick response. I am going to check what you suggested but this is what my file structure looks like:

filename.swf

videos/video1.flv

videos/video2.flv

in flash iam loading videos through a queue

queue_1 = new LoaderMax( new LoaderMaxVars()
                    .name("firstQueue")
                    .maxConnections(6)
                    .onComplete(_queue2CompleteHandler)
                    .onProgress(_queue2ProgressHandler)
                );    

// FIRST SET OF VIDEOS
queue_1.append( new VideoLoader("video1.flv", {name:"intro", estimatedBytes:995429, container:this, autoPlay:true, volume:1, visible:true, width:l_width, height:l_height}) );
queue_1.append( new VideoLoader("video2.flv", {name:"outro", estimatedBytes:4427776, container:this, autoPlay:false, volume:1, visible:false, width:l_width, height:l_height}) );

queue_1.prependURLs("videos/");

I wonder if it's a cross-domain issue. Are you loading the video from the same domain as the swf? I know Flash disables certain things like bitmap smoothing for cross-domain stuff unless you have the appropriate crossdomain.xml in place. See Adobe's docs for more info about security restrictions, but it sounds like you may be running into one. 

Hi there,

I am still unable to successfully apply smoothing to videos when they are running in a browser. My swf file and videos are on the same server.

Videos directory is just beside the swf file. I don't have an crossdomain file but I believe we need it if the videos are on a separate server...

Any more thoughts? 

And btw, I love the amount of control and ease LoaderMax provides :)

Cheers,

ak

It's pretty tough to say what's happening without seeing your files and publishing them to see the non-smoothing. You're 100% sure it's not smoothed, right? Are you judging that just by a visual guess or are you checking the smoothing property or something else? Have you ever seen that particular video played with smoothing on (anywhere)? Feel free to post a very simple set of files that demonstrate the issue so that we can publish and see what's up.