Search Community

ScrollTo bug in 1.8.2 in Safari 6.0.2 & Mountain Lion

sibhod test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

double triggers in some cases. Correct me if i'm wrong.

It doesn't double trigger, it works smoothly, it's the best solution I found. With scrollTo plugin I had the same issues with Safari, even with autoKill, only jQuery scrollTop seemed to work seamlessly across all devices and browsers.

See my earlier posts in this thread for more details about the issue I faced. Low FPS also causes scrollTo to diе.

Anyway, tweak and see what you get, but I can't suggest waste time trying to get scrollTo to work on properly.

Hi again and thank you for the reply, and you are right about your suggestion.  ;)

By the way, I was trying to remember where I came accross the double triggering issue, it was on Firefox. You can cheeck it here:
http://jsfiddle.net/eb7qLquL/14/

Open firefox console and you should be faced with two logs from the same callback.
It probably doesn't break your code but you can end up with performance issues if you're relying heavily on this callback.

Having trouble understanding what bug you are talking about.

Can you please provide a very simple demo that clearly illustrates the issue and provide detailed instructions.

We would love to resolve any issues, but it would really help to be sure we are seeing what you are seeing.

Thanks

Hi Carl,
first off, Merry Christmas to all.

I made some test cases to try and reproduce this in a simple example, and at first I wasn't able to, which was making me believe it had something to do with my code, and than I opened the developer tools on safari and started recording to see the FPS, it just started breaking the scrollTo animations. This makes me believe that it's really an FPS issue. On my main page it happens without opening the dev tools and recording, but there are a lot of animations going on, which at some points may bring down FPS.

gsaptest.png

Here is the test url:
http://massivedev.itsmassive.com/GSAPTests/

Unfortunatly I can't post here the real page i'm developing because of corporate secrecy. Thank you for your understanding and time.
Rui

Hi Rui,

Thanks for the demo and more info. I appreciate the simplicity of the test. In the future it will make it easier for us to test if you provide a zip of your file(s) too. 

As you noted, enabling the timeline recording in Safari did trigger the interrupted tweens. Please try enabling autoKill:false as that seems to make things run fine.

TweenMax.to(window,speed,{scrollTo:{y:targetPos}, autoKill:false});
  • Like 1