Search Community

Animation "jerky" in Firefox

_larry_ test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello All

First i would like to say that GSAP is wonderfull, after using it for 5 years in my every-day job doing Full AS3 site, then I start using it in my new challenges in html5.

Well, i've read some post about this , but no one seem's to see jerky tween animation on Firefox.

My conf : Windows 8 and the last version of GSAP (beta 1.8.2), in this exemple i'm using TweenMax.to, with 30 frs. an the last firefox( 18.0.1 ).

exemple here !

Well, when i say "Jerky" my feeling is that is no to bad but when i compare it with Chrome or event IExplorer 10 , the firefox verson isn't very clean ... And it's also when i see the GS demo on the site (this page) on the same OS & Browser (Firefox) it's look very very more greater and fluid.

Thank's for comment

Larry

Yep, Firefox as a browser is generally pretty bad in terms of animation smoothness, but that has little to do with GSAP. It's just a browser rendering thing. Another thing you'll notice that's a BIG difference between browsers is antialiasing in 3D. Chrome and Safari look WAY better than Firefox (which looks very jagged). I wish there was something we could do to fix that, but GSAP can only animate the properties themselves but the browser is in charge of rendering them. Hopefully Firefox will get better with time. They've got some really funky bugs too which we've had to work around in GSAP, like things will randomly disappear when you animate the transform (x, y, scale, rotation, skew) of an element. Again, we've implemented code to work around that - my point is simply that Firefox is rough around the edges. 

Wahou, first , thank's a lot for this so rapid response :)

Hum, hum , I was afraid of this, sadly it's a browser render problem .... well I was hoping that I've missed some important code to get my animation smoother, but not....

As I come from the Flash platform, it's very very hard to see so simple animation rendered no very well, but as i read somewhere in this forum , i'll use Canvas ot SVG for smoother more or less complex animations.

I Wish FireFox get better very soon, and wish that the whole internet user in the world get the latest browser for nice animation render made by GSAP the next week  :-) , what a wish ......

thank's again

Larry