Search Community

Tweening Multiple Objects from jQuery

cerulean test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

UPDATE: Arggh. I am tired. Pesky quotation marks!

I may be just tired today, but this is throwing me -- I'm getting a syntax error on the following line. I'm trying to tween multiple objects returned by jQuery to 0px (this is the ubiquitous accordion menu — I'm trying to replace jQuery slideUp and slideToggle with GSAP equivalents)

TweenMax.to($('#nav li ul'),0.25,{css:{height:0px}});

Can GS parse the return of a jQuery selector that returns multiple values? I had thought so --

I'm probably missing a parenthesis, and I apologize if I am, but I don't see it!

Absolutely - GSAP can handle a jQuery object with multiple results. No problem. The issue with your code is that you're defining 0px instead of "0px". Without the surrounding quotes, Javascript is literally trying to evaluate 0px as if it's a variable or something, but variable names can't start with numbers, so it just gets utterly confused. If it was just 0, that'd be fine. But putting the "px" afterwards prevents it from being a number or a valid variable.

So either do height:"0px" or height:0.

:)