Search Community

Cannot get the EaselPlugin color plugin to work

Monnone test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

@Dayo, do you have a codepen demo? It'd really help diagnose this. My guess is that you're trying to apply this effect to regular DOM elements instead of EaselJS objects. Remember, EaselPlugin is specifically built for EaselJS objects (from Adobe Animate CC, formerly Flash). So it's a canvas-based thing. 

Also, it's generally best to start a new topic for a new question rather than hijacking a thread from 2013 ;) 

Hello Jack!

Thanks for the answer.
Yes I'm trying to apply the effect to a regular DOM element, all i have is a gallery with images and they all have the class .img-responsive. 
So maybe this is not the plugin for me then? Do you have any other suggestions on plugins to create brightness or colorize on an image when you hover it?

Here is a codepen but I don't have pro so i can't upload all the js files that are required. I use:    
    EasePack.min.js

TweenMax.min.js
    easeljs.min.js
    ColorFilter.js
    ColorMatrixFilter.js
    CSSPlugin.min.js
    EaselPlugin.min.js

See the Pen vxxYRP by anon (@anon) on CodePen

Sure i'll start a new thread next time, I just thought it would relate to the thread and the last time you wrote in the thread you hinted that it might be possible to target dom element in the future :)

Thanks

Ah, that explains it. 

Well, there are only three ways to get this effect that I know of - either use some sort of canvas library (which means moving away from your pure DOM approach) or SVG filters or use CSS filters which don't have great support across browsers. Unfortunately, I don't have a quick solution whipped up for you, but hopefully this gives you a nudge in the right direction. 

• Like 1