Search Community

EaselJS - TweenLite vs TweenJS

Jimbo test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi

Has anybody got experience using TweenLite with EaselJS?

I would rather use TweenLite because of the performance and familiarity I have with it. But not sure if EaselJS will work better with TweenJS, as both come from createjs.com.

Thanks

James

Yup, TweenLite works great with EaselJS. Check out our EaselJS plugin if you need to do any fancy color tweens: http://api.greensock.com/js/com/greensock/plugins/EaselPlugin.html

TweenLite can tween any numeric property of any javascript object, so you can tween your EaselJS objects' basic properties (scaleX, scaleY, alpha, rotation etc) without any hassle.

You guys are exactly right, and to clarify a bit further, I think TweenJS just tries to be a very lightweight bare-bones tweening engine whereas GSAP has a LOT more features and speed optimizations. I don't mean to imply GSAP is necessarily "better" - you can make that decision for yourself. Check out the speed test at http://www.greensock.com/js/speed.html. If you need something simple and small and you're not terribly concerned about speed, TweenJS would be a great option. Obviously we're a bit biased toward GSAP though :)