Search Community

LoaderMax, FlexContentDisplay

NicolasJ test
Moderator Tag

Hello,

I am working on a prototype in Flex using LoadMax to load an image into a loader FlexContentDisplay.

The FlexContentDisplay is embed in a Canvas which is added to the TransformManager.

I have to work on width, height, x and y of this image in the canvas.

My question is : Is it better to work on the rawContent property of FlexContentDisplay or directly with the FlexContentDisplay ?

I wonder this as the FlexContentDisplay extends UIComponent, I cannot really work on width and height but directly with scaleX and scaleY.

Many thanks

I would probably use the FlexContentDisplay itself, as the rawContent is just a Bitmap which cannot (if I remember correctly) be added to the display list in a Flex app because it doesn't extend UIComponent. Are you saying that FlexContentDisplay doesn't work properly with TransformManager? Or that when you alter its width/height, it seemingly has no effect?

• 2 months later...

No it works fine.

I used FlexContentDisplay directly with transformamanager.

Now I wonder if I could load a bytearray in a flexcontentdisplay object using loadermax ?

Another solution could be the use of a simple loader to retrieve the bitmap, but I don't know how to set this bitmap to the FlexContentDisplay as it is null.

Best

Is there a reason you'd use a plain Loader instead of a LoaderMax ImageLoader? The ImageLoader works great with FlexContentDisplay. 

I suppose you could use a DataLoader to load a bytearray and then make that into an image and put it into the FlexContentDisplay, but I'm having a very hard time seeing why that would be better than simply using an ImageLoader. Much simpler, but maybe I'm missing something.

I tried ImageLoader and have an error :
error occured with ImageLoader ... loading has not been completed

I tried (where ba is my ByteArray):

LoaderMax.contentDisplayClass = FlexContentDisplay;

var queue:LoaderMax = new LoaderMax({name:"mainQueue", onProgress:progressHandler, onComplete:completeHandler, onError:errorHandler});

queue.append( new DataLoader(ba, {format:"binary", name:_imageName}) );

private function completeHandler(event:LoaderEvent):void {
        var o:* = LoaderMax.getContent(_imageName);
}

o is null

I do not understand. 

For the error I mentioned LoaderMax.getContent return a FlexContentDisplay but with rawContent setted to null (o.rawContent == null) :

LoaderMax.contentDisplayClass = FlexContentDisplay;

var queue:LoaderMax = new LoaderMax({name:"mainQueue", onProgress:progressHandler, onComplete:completeHandler, onError:errorHandler});

queue.append( new DataLoader(ba, {format:"binary", name:_imageName}) );

private function completeHandler(event:LoaderEvent):void {
        var o:* = LoaderMax.getContent(_imageName);
}

When you said put it in FlexContentDisplay I wonder how, as the FlexContentDsiplay is still not instanciate and it needs a LoaderItem in its constructor.

My situation is :

1) Selection of an image with a fileReference and load Bitmap from its content

2) Encode bitmapdata with JPEG or PNG Encoder and make a base64 of the bytearray returned

3) the string is store to be used at anytime.

I make a base64 decode to retrieve the bytearray and now I want to load it in a container that use the FlexContentDisplay.

Do you have any suggestions beacause I really do know how to load it in the FlexContentFisplay ?

Because the case for which this post is open represent only 10% in the application.

All others cases use loadermax and flexcontentdisplay.

The object which display the bitmap is based on FlexContentDisplay, and I wish to use this object to have an homogeneous behavior.

You think that my case could not be solved using FlexContentDisplay ?

This definitely wouldn't be "supported" or recommended (because FlexContentiDisplay was designed to be used with LoaderMax), but you could try creating a FlexContentDisplay with a null loader and then set its rawContent to your content, like:

var cd:FlexContentDisplay = new FlexContentDisplay(null);
cd.rawContent = YOUR_DISPLAY_OBJECT;