Search Community

Errors in CSSPlugin when developing for IE7

cerulean test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

post-8681-0-06369100-1355941710_thumb.jpg

I'm having to develop a minisite which needs to be backwards compatible to IE7.

I'm using jQuery and GS JS v12.

I'm testing on browserstack.com -- a virtual IE7 running under a virtual Windows XP

One of the errors I got is in CSSPlugin -- Invalid argument. I attach a picture at start of this message (click to see bigger).

Two questions: 1) what might be going wrong? This code works fine in modern browsers. 2) is there a non-min version of the GS JS libraries to see things a little more clearly?

obviously (1) depends on MY code, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with it as everything works with modern browser -- and it would be bloody hard to debug on this remote virtual machine, to see exactly which code of mine is being called — is there something with running v12 on IE7 that I should be aware of? I'm fine if it's not backwards-compatible, but just would like to know…

Thanks

Sure, there are uncompressed (development) versions of all the files in the zip download. I assume you just went into the "minified" folder, but look for the "uncompressed" one.

Also please make sure you're using the latest version of the files.

As for what's causing the error, it's virtually impossible to troubleshoot blind - any chance you could post a very simple example set of files that demonstrate the issue? Just zip your stuff before posting please. We'd be happy to take a peek.

One small hint: it looks like the error is related to a property that's using a complex value (one that has multiple numbers or values in it, like clip:"rect(1px,50px,50px,1px)" or border:"1px solid rgb(255,0,0)")

Thanks. My bad, I'll go hunt down the proper files.

As to uploading. I'm working for someone with strict non-disclosure, so let me see. It was a short in the dark -- I realize that it's impossible to say without seeing it in action. But GS JS should work with IE7 I take it, in general?

I went back and restored some old code and while my overall thing isn't working in IE7, the Tweening isn't throwing errors. I'm not sure what I changed.

The relevant section as correct (the handler is actually applied to a div, not an LI):

function setupBotMenuRollovers() {
$('#botMenu div').mouseenter(slideUp).mouseleave(slideDown).attr('sliding','false');

}

function slideDown(event) {
//var theLi = $(event.target).closest('li');
var theLi = this;
var theJLi = $(this);

TweenMax.to(theLi,1,{css:{top:-45},ease:Quad.easeOut,onUpdate:adjustHeight,onUpdateParams:["{self}"]});
}

function slideUp(event) {
var theLi = this;
var theJLi = $(this);

TweenMax.to(theLi,1,{css:{top:"-200"},ease:Quad.easeOut,onUpdate:adjustHeight,onUpdateParams:["{self}"]});
}
function adjustHeight(theTween) {
var slider = $(theTween.target);
var newHeight = -parseInt((slider.css('top')));
var newHeightString = newHeight + "px";
slider.css('height',newHeightString);
}