Search Community

Animating alpha PNGs in IE8

digitaldavenyc test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Sorry, we have yet to find a viable solution that could be implemented in TweenMax :(

This issue seems to be quite an annoyance for lots of developers. IE8 is just a very poor browser and it is notorious for mishandling pngs.

If we find a solution we will certainly announce it loud and joyously.

If you come across any, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Sorry, we have yet to find a viable solution that could be implemented in TweenMax :(

This issue seems to be quite an annoyance for lots of developers. IE8 is just a very poor browser and it is notorious for mishandling pngs.

If we find a solution we will certainly announce it loud and joyously.

If you come across any, please don't hesitate to let us know.

That's unfortunate, I think any web developer knows how terrible IE8 is. I would by-pass it all together if I could but the project I'm working is a redesign of samsung.com and that's not gonna be a possibility. I want to use TweenMax globally over jQuery across the site but an issue like this could block me from using it, if you have any ideas or workarounds that would be a greatly appreciated.

So jQuery is overcoming your issues with png while Greensock isn't? Which version of jQuery are you using and are there any other frameworks in the mix?

jQuery actually doesn't work either with alpha in IE8 either. If I come across any items that do work in jQuery and not in TweenMax I'll post it in here.