GreenSock

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UbiAssassin

ShuffleArray question.

Hello everyone,

I am sorry that this is offtopic and not specific to Greensock, but I get a lot of great help and responses here, so I thought I would try :)

My problem is that I shuffle my array of 16 images and then pick from that array to place an image on a thumbplate. It works perfectly most of the time. Sometimes, however, one of the already loaded images gets removed from the array and therefore removed from its image plate during another shuffle pass. I am loading images on to 6 plates, so the shuffle runs 6 times. Here is my shuffle code:

public function shuffleArray(input:Array):void
{
for (var i:int = input.length - 1; i > 0; i--)
{
var randomIndex:int = Math.floor(Math.random() * (i + 1));
var itemAtIndex:Object = input[randomIndex];
input[randomIndex] = input[i];
input[i] = itemAtIndex;
}
}

Does anyone see a way that I can avoid already placed images from getting removed?

Here is the PickFromArray code I am using, in case the issue is in there:

public function pickFromScreenArray():void
{
trace("Grab a New Image");
var imageArray:Array = ["AssassImageSA", "AssassImageSB", "AssassImageSC", "AssassImageSD", "AssassImageSE", "AssassImageSF", "AssassImageSG", "AssassImageSH", "AssassImageSI", "AssassImageSJ", "AssassImageSK", "AssassImageSL", "AssassImageSM", "AssassImageSN", "AssassImageSO", "AssassImageSP", "AssassImageSQ"];
shuffleArray(imageArray);
addChildAt(LoaderMax.getContent(imageArray[0]), 1);
var currentImage:DisplayObject = getChildAt(1);
currentImage.alpha = 0;
TweenMax.fromTo(currentImage, 2, {autoAlpha: 0}, {autoAlpha: 1, ease: Quad.easeIn});
}

Thanks for looking :)

Did you ever get this solved? It seems to have slipped through the cracks here. If you still need help, please post an example that demonstrates things getting dropped out of the array upon shuffle.