Search Community

Immediate application of TimelineLite.staggerFromTo properties?

Casey test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Getting started with the JS version of the platform, good stuff! Is there a way or recommended technique for applying css settings immediately when using staggering?

I have some elements that need to be hidden until they're animated in with staggering and I'd rather not clutter the css with opacity, etc just for tweens' sake...

I wrote a timeline/transition plugin for jQuery a while back and added added a special property of "applyProperties:true" to the vars object in the case of a "from" tween... so if there were delays or whatever it would prep things...

Thanks!

Hi Casey and Welcome to the GreenSock forums!

It sounds like you are referring to the immediateRender property.

immediateRender : Boolean - Normally when you create a tween, it begins rendering on the very next frame (update cycle) unless you specify a delay. However, if you prefer to force the tween to render immediately when it is created, setimmediateRender to true. Or to prevent a from() from rendering immediately, set immediateRender to false. By default, from() tweens set immediateRender to true.

tl.staggerFromTo(element, 1, {css:{alpha:0}}, {css: {alpha:1}, immediateRender: true} )

note immediateRender goes inside the "to" vars but outside the css object.

here's a live demo: http://jsfiddle.net/...bassador/p7aVP/

-Carl

btw. thanks again for helping with the downloads issue ;)