Search Community

TweenLite does not animate

Shuyinsan test
Moderator Tag

So I tried searching this on here and stackoverflow too, but can't seem to find the exact same issue.

I've drawn an object using shapes on the stage.

I grouped everything in a movieclip called "number_mc".

After which I wanted to Animate the scaleX and scaleY values of that movieclip like so:

var scaleAnim:TweenLite = new TweenLite(nummer_mc, 2.5, {scaleX: 2, scaleY: 2});

or

TweenLite.to(nummer_mc, 2.5, {scaleX: 2, scaleY: 2});

But they just don't work, nothing happens, To my believe I'm not doing something different from the dozen times I've done this before.

Kind Regards,

Shuyinsan

PS: I use Flash CS6 btw (in case this matters)

Hi and Welcome to the GreenSock forums.

The only thing that appears wrong is that you spelled number_mc wrong as nummer_mc in both examples. You should have seen an error for that though.

Please zip and attach an fla here that can be used to easily replicate the issue, the simpler the better. I'll take a look at it. CS6 is fine.

Thanks for the file. Very helpful. This is one of the stranger things I've seen in Flash.

It appears that the animation will work if your stage is bigger.

Simply increase the size of the stage to be 100 x 100. Test. It works. No code changes necessary

:shock:

If you keep the 80 x x80 size. You can export your swf and then open the swf file in the stand alone Flash Player and it will work fine.

You can also publish your file to an html page for testing and that works too at 80x80.

For some reason testing within the Flash environment doesn't work at 80 x 80.

I ran a test to verify if it had anything to do with TweenLite and it appears that the simple code below doesn't work at 80x80 stage size either when testing in Flash:

addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, moveIt);

function moveIt(e:Event):void{
nummer_mc.x++;
}

weird.

Ahh thank you for fixing the topic and answering all of the questions!

It does sound like a weird error, i'll have to look into it cause in all my time doing flash way back to AS2 i never had this problem hehe

It does sound like a simple issue though i'll just increase the size of the stage and go with that.

Many many thanks!