Search Community

HTML5 animation tool powered by GreenSock

erik test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello everyone,

I've just released a new HTML5 animation tool that uses GreenSock JS as the engine. It's obviously an early version and there is room for a lot of improvement and many more features. But at this stage I'd really love to get some feedback from the GreenSock community.

The tool gives you the source so you can build on whatever base you've created in it.

You can check it out at http://tweenui.com

So what do you think?

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

jamiejefferson, since TweenUI uses GSAP as the engine, all critical effects (including motion and opacity) should be supported in virtually all browsers.

Michael71, the site is built using Google Web Toolkit and a library called gwt-dnd to handle some of the drag and drop. And of course, GSAP is used too :)

Great to hear NandiTo! You've just made my weekend even better. :-P :-P

Be certain that it will keep improving, I'm working on it continuously. And I'd really love to hear what features you're missing the most!

Very cool work. I see you're using Canvas, which is nice (I think...I'm just starting to dive into animations/interactivity beyond AS3).

Have you considered making the scripts in the HTML file separate JS/CSS files? Seems like that would be one less step in helping inject "HTML5" elements into sites already in a CMS.

Hi Monnone, I'm glad you like it! It's not using the canvas element though. What fooled you was probably that the main div has the id "canvas".

Regarding putting the output scripts in separate files — I think that's a good idea. That would certainly make it easier to add the the animation into an existing page. I'm also working on a hosted version where you just need to add a few lines of javascript to include your animation.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone.

I've recently pushed some updates to TweenUI. The most exciting new feature is that you can now publish animations directly to the web and embed them anywhere using a few lines of javascript. That also means you can update your animation in real-time, anytime. I've also added the ability to add a click-through link to an animation. Other news include the scale effect and numerous bug fixes.

Edit (basic features still free): I've also launched a paid plan to be able to continue improving the product. I'm working on getting a free trial out there, but until that's in place, I'd be happy to hook you up with a 1 month premium account. Just register and send me an email with your username!

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I got an issue regarding about Tweenuii, It is cool using this animator, it made my work much easier because It is in responsive mode already. We tried its responsiveness in Desktop computer browsers (e.g. Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari) but when we tried it in iPhone and iPad, it loses it's responsiveness, It doesn't adapt to iPhone's and iPad's screen sizes. Is there any way that I can fix it? or does any one have the same issue?