Search Community

Bounds acting different from 1.952 to 1.9667 ?

jivory test
Moderator Tag

I recently updated my Transformer files, and noticed a different behavior I don't see mentioned in the change log.

I have a parent object, with the size of 100% width and height, going to the size of the user's browser. So it's around 1000x800 roughly.

There are other objects (images) added within this parent, that the FlexTransformManager are added onto. We set the bounds to be (-2000,-2000,6000,6000). The reason for this is so the images can be scaled quite large, and parts of the image are allowed to be scaled and dragged 'off stage'.

With the recent update (or one since 1.952), the Transformer will no allow the images to be scaled beyond the bounds of the parent object, even though the bounds are set to a larger number.

Is this new intended functionality, or a way I can remove this new default feature? It seems the items are now ignoring the bounds I give them, and constraining to the size of the parent.

Thanks,

I downloaded the latest version, but it still has the same behavior of constraining to the parent's size and not the bounds given.

I notice the FlexTransformManager.as has a modified date of 9/15 but the version still says VERSION: 1.9663 as well, so maybe it's not updated?

I couldn't see how to attach the project, but here's the MXML of a simple project I just made.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
  xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"
  xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx" minWidth="955" minHeight="600" creationComplete="complete()">
<fx:Declarations>
 <!-- Place non-visual elements (e.g., services, value objects) here -->
</fx:Declarations>
<fx:Script>
 <![CDATA[
  import com.greensock.transform.FlexTransformManager

[Embed(source="blacky.png")]
  [bindable]
  private var img:Class;

private var tm:FlexTransformManager;

private function complete():void{
tm = new FlexTransformManager();
tm.width = 500;
tm.height = 500;
tm.bounds = new Rectangle(-2000,-2000,6000,6000);
tm.addItem(myImg);
addElement(tm);
  }
 ]]>
</fx:Script>
<s:Image id="myImg" width="100" height="100" source="{img}"/>
</s:Application>

As you can see, the FlexTransformManager is set to 500x500, but the bounds are way beyond that. Which would allow the TransformItems to be scaled and moved offscreen outside this 500x500 area, but it remains constrained within.

And just to confirm:

FlexTransformManager - VERSION: 1.9663

TransformItem - VERSION: 1.9667

TransformManager - VERSION: 1.9668

Just to make sure I'm using the most recent versions :P

Thanks!