Search Community

Using TotalProgress doesn't include delays?

Ephezius test
Moderator Tag

Hey folks -

Here is what I've done:

• I've created an introduction animation for my tool
  • Once animated, everything is in place and the too is ready for user interaction
  • I've created a resize event so I can recalculate width/height of stage
  • The resize event removes everything and re-runs the init() function to recreate everything
  • I've captured the totalProgress time of each animation at the point of resize

Here is what I'm trying to do:

• If the animation hasn't run at all at the point of resize, I'd like the animations to run as normal once the resize event is fired
  • If the animation has run completely, I don't want it to run at all (i.e., totalProgress = 1)
  • If the animation is anywhere in progress, I want the animation to skip to that point in the animation (e.g., 60%)

Here's the problem:

When I use code like this...

var animation:TweenMax = TweenMax.to (obj, 1, {delay:1, x:50})
animation.totalProgress = _captured progress;

... the delay is totally ignored. Meaning if I have several successive tweens, they overlap each other.

Is there a way to assign progress in TimelineMax? Any other ideas on how to do this?

Yes, putting all your tweens into a TimelineMax would be ideal if you have multiple tweens that need to run as part of a group or sequence. That way you only need to track the progress of 1 element, the TimelineMax. It will also spare you from having to manage individual delay properties of each tween.

Using v12 (recommended)

myTimeline.progress(.5) // sets progress to .5 or the half-way point
myTimeline.progress() // gets progress

v11

myTimeline.progress = .5; //sets
myTimeline.progress // gets

And just for assurance, yes, delay is never accounted for in a tween or timeline's progress.

And just for assurance, yes, delay is never accounted for in a tween or timeline's progress.

Thanks, but is there any way to account for delays? Right now the resize events have several delays on each part of the timeline... if I resize the screen and the init() function is recalled, it's not seamless at all...

Right now the resize events have several delays on each part of the timeline

I'm sorry, I really don't know what that means.

It would be very helpful if you could provide a very simple set of files that illustrates exactly what you are doing. No need to post your production files, just something very simple, perhaps a single animation sequence with 2 or 3 tweens.