Search Community

BlitMask not masking a blurred movie clip

Greg test
Moderator Tag

I have a simple rectangular movieclip, say 40px wide and 1000px tall. I use a 40 by 200px BlitMask on it, and tween (with TweenMax) the movieclip down. Works fine. But if I apply a blurFilter to the tween, with a blurY of say 10px, then when I tween the blur extends OUTSIDE (above and below) the BlitMask. I want the blur to be masked by the BlitMask - i.e. I want the blur, but still want it masked to the 200px height of my BlitMask.

Obviously I must be doing something wrong.

Anyone have the solution?

Thanks in advance!

Greg

Have you tried nesting your MovieClip inside another one, and applying the blur to that internal/nested one? BlitMask automatically applies any filters that you had on your target to the BlitMask itself so that it matches the appearance. So if the target doesn't have the blur, but the target's child does, I believe that'd give you the effect you're after.

hello guys,

I am facing a problem , as in example "slot number machine" there are 10 digits from 0 to 9 . when I play the game it will roll all slots in sequence . but problem is this when I change the height of digit like "existing height is 100 and I do it 90" on some rendom numbers then I am not getting the slot number on same line in sequence.

for example existing case after playing which is fine .

1 2 3 1 4 6 3

3 4 2 5 6 4 6

but

after changing height of digits from movie clip its not showing the same result and showing so

2 5

1 3 6

let me know please if you understand my problem .

thanks if anyone help me .

Hi and Welcome to the GreenSock forums.

I am assuming your are referring to the tutorial here: http://www.snorkl.tv/2011/10/use-blitmasks-wrap-feature-for-easy-bitmap-scrolling-and-looping/

All the numbers need to be the same height (you can use any number) and you also need to make sure that you are tweening to values that are multiples of that height. If your numbers are all 90px tall, make sure you tween to

90, 180, 270, 360 ...