Search Community

onRepeat firing when immediateRender is true

chrisgannon test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hey Jack,

Here's a snippet of my code. It's a set of 3D rotating pages whose rotationX property should be reset to 0 onRepeat. FYI this code is actually in a for..loop - it creates 6 tweens and pushes them into a TimelineMax instance.

var tm = TweenMax.fromTo(temp_symbol_JS,10, {immediateRender:true,rotationX:rotationIncrement*i},
	  {rotationX:(rotationIncrement*i)+360,
	  ease:Linear.easeNone,
	  onStart:initWebKit,
	  onStartParams:["{self}", i],
	  onUpdate:positionPage,
	  onUpdateParams:["{self}"],
	  repeat:-1,
	  onRepeat:resetRotation,
	  onRepeatParams:["{self}"]});
timeline.insert(tm);

//later

function resetRotation (tween){
console.log("I repeated");
}

I need 'immediateRender:true' in order to set the initial rotationX of each page. However I am finding that the onRepeat function is fired 6 times immediately.

Is this expected behaviour or have I totally missed something?

Cheers,

Chris

Hmmm...I couldn't reproduce that issue - could you post a simple HTML file that demonstrates the behavior?

A few comments:

1. All the special properties (like immediateRender, ease, onComplete, etc.) belong in the "toVars" parameter, but you had set immediateRender in the "fromVars" parameter.
  2. I wonder if maybe time elapsed between when you created your TimelineMax instance and when you inserted your tweens. Remember, by default insert() puts things at a time of 0 (meaning the beginning of the timeline) and timelines (like tweens) begin running immediately when you create them. So let's say you created your TimelineMax and then 5 seconds later you inserted a 1-second tween at a time of 0. Well, since the timeline started 5 seconds ago, the virtual playhead would be at the 5-second spot so if your tween was inserted at 0, that means it would render as though it is now finished. See what I mean? You can, of course, make the timeline jump to any spot anytime with seek() or time() or totalTime(). Or use restart() to start from the beginning. Lots of options. Or you can insert() your tween at the timeline's time() (which would be its current time). There are LOTS of ways to handle this, so let me know what you need and I can help. Once I see your code, I'm sure it'll make more sense.

• 3 weeks later...